Research Manager, Latin America
マイアミ , フロリダ州求人ID JR20-10658 応募する 保存された求人を表示
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Research Manager, part of the Latin American Research team, supports ad-hoc and ongoing research projects across Sony Pictures Television (SPT) two lines of business: Distribution and Production, with an emphasis on the latter. With an audience-obsessed attitude, the manager will be focused on connecting the dots between content and audiences trends, content needs, sales, sales planning, and marketing, through the permanent generation of timely and relevant insights reports, helping drive a consumer-centric culture and ensuring insights are an integral source of decision making within the organization. Some responsibilities include: in-depth content trends analysis on U.S. series, formats and Original Productions (linear and non-linear), support the local and regional distribution and production teams, as well as provide a broad range of market intelligence on the television industry in the region, including OTT and social media, utilizing secondary resources that will include internet, multiple research data software, industry reports, etc.
Create and maintain regular reports, from start to end, on content trends across U.S. Series, Formats and local language Original Productions, and on market specific intelligence across platforms (linear and non-linear).
Responsible for the performance trackers for SPT’s content in LATAM.
Understand, gather and disseminate intelligence on local, regional and global television business, content and programming trends across mutiple platforms: Free TV, Cable, Pay TV, Social Media and OTT.
Provide ad-hoc ratings analysis to support distribution and production.
Design and write sales presentations and TV ratings analysis reports on key products.
Develop and maintain a direct working relationship and close colaboration with the production team, distribution team, and with the existing research teams within the regional offices.
Manage from start to end third party projects: scout the right vendors, writing RFPs, proprosal analysis and internal dissemination, questionnaire development and presentations.
Exploration and detection of relevant and leading edge internal opportunistic projects.
Manage the Latam research tool kit initiatives.
Participate in relevant conferences, workshops and research industry groups in order to build and maintain strong industry contacts, develop vendor relationships and stay abreast of latest tools and methodologies.
Explore new ways to automate reporting.
Innovate in ways to share and propagate audience insights across the organization.
Training across the organization.
Minimum Qualifications Needed:
• 5+ years experience with relevant work experience supplier or client-side. Experience in television or OTT research.
• Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in related field (business, psychology, marketing, research, social sciences, etc.).
• Strong Excel, data visualization and PowerPoint skills are required.
• Must be numerate, have the ability to analyze audience research data and comfortable working with large data sets.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to write clear, meaningful and concise performance analyses.
• Experience with at least 2 softwares is required: EMSTV, TechEdge, ITVR, MWS or Instar and/or Infosys.
• Fluency in Spanish and English is required (written and spoken). Portuguese is a plus.
• Strong interest and knowledge of international business, entertainment and cultures, and consumer behavior.
• Must be proactive, motivated, highly-organized and a self-starter.
• Team player with ability to work independently and with multiple projects.
• Experience with primary research including surveys, building questionnaires, focus groups and mining meaninful and actionable insights and recommendations.
• Strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
• Ability to make clear and convincing presentations to stakeholders and executives, and express written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way.
• Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
• Confident, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
• Analytical thinker who enjoys problem-solving.
• Strong business acumen.
• Intellectual curiosity and a passion for innovation.
• Compelling storyteller.
• Willing to challenge traditional thinking.
• Superior social, collaboration, and communication skills.
• Strong builder of relationships and trust.
• Passionate consumer of content – movies, TV, SVOD.
• Familiarity with the brands and franchises of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
• Comfortable with large sets of data.
• Not afraid to speak up and support his/her research findings.
• 2 years Management Experience.
• Tableau and Prezi experience is a plus.
• Experience with TGI, Ampere and GWI is preferred.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.