Senior Manager, Global Licensing Strategy & Analytics
ロンドン , イギリス求人ID JR23-11230 応募する 保存された求人を表示
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
This is a global role working across international territories which is based in London. As the content distribution business is undergoing rapid and fundamental change with high growth in deal volumes, complexity, and value we are now at a point in development where we need to put a clear central focus on supporting the international distribution of our content to help ensure global consistency and thinking across international deals and between global and local players. Initially reporting directly to the Vice President Global Pay-SVOD Strategy & Analytics and working closely with the rest of the Central Team, this position is responsible for ensuring all prioritized on-going licensing deals, projects and business development opportunities are fully reviewed, analyzed, synthesized, and aligned to the regional/global policies and strategy.
The Senior Manager of Global Licensing Strategy and Analytics will work across the Central Team and also closely with the SPT Sales Planning team, Analytics team, Marketing team and Research team and will be supporting the creation of efficient models to compare proposals, generating insights from data, tracking rights granted and provide commercial evaluation of deals and new projects in a clear format that is easily digestible by management to support the entire negotiation process for each territory team and ultimately enable faster decision making. This role will be a permanent role initially covering maternity leave and later on will transition to work across the whole team supporting projects and initiatives across media and business areas, there will be a change of reporting lines after approximately one year depending on the overall structure of the team and how the business evolves.
What You Will Do:
GLOBAL LIBRARY LICENSING MANAGEMENT:
- There is a need to take an increasingly global view on the management of our Features Catalogue as part of each film’s lifecycle and revenue opportunity.
- As we see a heavy rotation of our key SPE titles throughout a fragmented construct of output and package deals across different media (Free, Pay, Basic), there is a need within the distribution group to ensure consistency across pricing structure, benchmarking, and exclusivity priorities by client.
- You’ll be developing and maintaining a dynamic database that aggregates multiple inputs including deal terms, pricing and product categorization that will establish itself as a reference tool for deal making and content licensing advice for this specific line of product.
- You’ll be coordinating across various stakeholders within SPE including our Catalogue Growth Initiative (CGI) team, data science team in LA, Research, Sales Planning and Marketing to surface commercial insights from 1st / 2nd /3rd party data and turn these in actionable recommendations tailored to both Global Players and Local territories across our INTL’ footprint.
- The person in this role will also track Theatrical releases, Home Ent Releases and Pay-1 premieres across all key territories to identify drafting opportunities and seasonal themes to insert and monetize curated recommendations with our licensing partners.
- This role will also coordinate with our data science team managing a multitude of AVOD/FAST channels on YouTube and TikTok to surface any learnings and traction from fan communities and leverage these as content recommendation with our INTL’ Sales Team.
- You’ll support the development of new and innovative tactics and strategies to help grow SPE’s package building and Library component structuring in our key Pay / SVOD / AVOD deals; trialing new ideas, figuring out what works and what doesn’t and establishing best practice.
- You’ll be part of the CGI group led by LA and the Finance forecast Project liaising with the local offices to ensure Pay / SVOD local and Global deals but also opportunities for transactional windows can work in conjunction with each other to optimize our revenues across divisions.
- And in addition to the points above this role will work with our transactional team to develop a model for accurately forecasting pay window cannibalization of the transactional VOD and EST business
Acceleration tracker and content calendar:
- A key part of this role will be overseeing the analytics approach to our content calendar for Re-Run and Library, working closely with the Content Strategy Team in LA and the Marketing Teams across the Regions.
- You’ll be working on research of new packages and creative concepts, including conducting regular audits of our output deals and content gap analyses to identify new opportunities.
- You’ll play a role in ideating, pitching, packaging, and delivering innovative and informative, cross-deals content ideas.
- You’ll be supporting tracking across window revenue creation from Theatrical to Home Entertainment and Pay-1 including acceleration, to identify patterns and conversion metrics by film and genre for our Top 10 HE Markets.
- In addition, this role will coordinate with sales planning and other LA central functions on Franchise planning and management, but also helping to surface relatable content from our catalogue ahead of other major studios’ key Theatrical releases (e.g. actors, directors, themes led).
- As part of Library planning you’ll be liaising with the Director of Global Strategy and Analytics using our internal benchmarking data base to value Franchises licensing opportunities across windows and territories.
- Once deals are closed there is also a need for ongoing analysis of the performance of these deals to ensure we understand the trends and the impact of our catalogue titles on these services, this could include developing dashboards that allow local teams to better understand the viewing habits of these deals.
- Annually produce a summary of the most successful drafting and curated packages across all INTL’ Markets.
Global to local licensing deal support:
- A key focus of this role is to work with the Vice President Global Pay-SVOD Strategy & Analytic to help and support local teams with sales strategy and deal structuring to drive valuable new opportunities, improve revenue and to accelerate the sales process.
- Summarize key deal terms as part of the commercial evaluation of new deals and existing deal renewals and keep track of implemented precedents to serve as reference for best practices.
- Support the preparation and creation of presentations and summaries sharing precedents, best practices and recommendations for teams around the business that are essential to the decision-making process.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings with Sales Team and Sales Planning team to share best practice on commercial terms such as: Exclusivity, License Period, Number of Runs, Holdbacks and Bundling / Usage Rules etc…
What you have:
- Typically, 5+ years’ experience in broad-based entertainment experience, or consulting, including relevant knowledge and experience in supporting deal making and deal structuring.
- Confidence in communicating and storytelling: capable at crafting and delivering compelling presentations.
- Good analytical capabilities and good judgment, even when the situation is unclear, thinking “out of the box” and be able to bring creative solutions.
- Ability to adjust quickly and fluidly, think practically and be solution oriented.
- Ability to handle projects from beginning to completion, including managing multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a matrix team environment with colleagues from across territories and functions in a diplomatic and pragmatic way.
- Culturally aware, an international mindset, collaborative, comfortable operating in a matrix organization
- Excellent financial modeling and analytical skills, with a high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Results driven with strong customer focus: strategic, yet hands-on with a solid and demonstrable track record of delivery.
- Proactive problem solver, flexible, adaptable, and resourceful, works independently and uses own initiative in all situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Social Science or Quantitative field is preferred .
- You will be innovative – unafraid to try new things and able to learn lessons when those succeed or fail.
- You will be tenacious – pushing new ideas forward in the face of old ways of working.
- You will be adaptable - able to manage and flex to different projects and challenges as they arise.
How we take care of you:
- Competitive salary, with annual bonus eligibility.
- A choice of comprehensive health plan options that fit your lifestyle including private medical insurance.
- Rest and recharge during a week off during the winter holidays, in addition to the 25 days of paid annual leave.
- Participate in extensive learning & development opportunities at all levels, including curated instructor-led classes and high impact online resources.
- Build your community by joining our Employee Business Resource Groups, and/or Sony Pictures Action – our racial equity and inclusion strategy.
- Access to an employee online store filled with a variety of discounted Sony products.
- Watch the newest movies and TV shows at our exclusive employee screenings at work.
- Entitlement to apply for an interest-free season ticket loan.
- Automatic enrolment in the Company’s Pension Plan
- Free counselling and advisory service.
- You will be automatically enrolled in the Company’s Life Insurance and Group Income Protection Plans subject to any applicable service requirements.
- The opportunity to attend various social events in our state-of-the-art offices in Paddington.
- In addition to the above we have a range of other optional discounted benefits that are reviewed regularly (e.g., gym memberships, travel insurance, activity passes, car leasing, experience days and many more!)
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).undefined