Senior Software Engineer (Android), Funimation
カルバーシティ , カリフォルニア州求人ID JR20-10165 応募する 保存された求人を表示
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for Senior Software Engineer Mobile to join our growing Engineering and technology team.
- Develop complex, consumer-facing video streaming applications for Android mobile
- Work closely with front end product managers, delivery managers, solutions architects and other front end and back end software developers
- Integrate with back-end APIs for content, video-on-demand and e-commerce
- Create excellent video streaming experiences optimized for performance and scalability
- Stay current on techniques, tools, and ecosystem, especially as it relates to Android
- Minimum 5 years of mobile development experience on Android with Java/Kotlin
- Experience building applications using Jetpack libraries
- Experience with audio/video streaming with Exoplayer
- Familiarity with content protection and rights management conceptsFamiliarity and working experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Ability to design and create major software components and provide technical leadership for developers
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Excellent communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Git branching and source code control
- Commitment to producing quality code and documentation
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.